Saturday, December 11, 2004

 

Personal update

I returned to what I laughingly call "work" today. I saw four students.
The last one is an interesting challenge. She is German, only in the States for the last 18 months. I tried to explain that since I saw her last, I had had my gall bladder removed. My 3 years of high school and one year of intermediate college German classes had somehow neglected to impart the German word for "gall bladder" (of course, my German classes were so long ago that the gall bladder had probably not been discovered yet). I subsequently learned (thanks to Babelfish) that the word is "Abschürfungblase". My student thought I was talking about Gaul (she has studied Latin).
I returned to the homestead really wiped out. I guess my energy level is still pretty low.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Website Counter