Friday, March 18, 2005

 

Steroid Hearings

Yesterday, I watched about 90% of the steroid hearings on Capitol Hill. Beyond Mark McGwire's shamefully evasive testimony ("I'm not here to talk about the past") and Sammy Sosa's admission by denial ("To be clear, I have never taken illegal performance-enhancing drugs. I have never injected myself or had anyone inject me with anything. I've not broken the laws of the Unites States or the laws of the Dominican Republic", translation "I took oral steroids in the Dominican Republic where they're legal"), I was amazed by Rob Manfred, MLB's chief labor negotiator. This jerk epitomizes the arrogance and thick-headedness of Major League Baseball. His grimaces and yelling when caught in half-truths and misstatements were a sight to behold. He made Bud ("Buy a used-car or a porous drug enforcement regime from me") Selig look positively avuncular. I am a baseball fan. This performance on Capitol Hill makes me sad and ashamed.

Comments:
The REAL deal about legal steroid. Click here...legal steroid
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Website Counter